Royal Blood – Royal Blood
Released August 22nd 2014, Warner Bros Records.
At the end of 2013 Royal Blood were put on the longlist for BBC’s ‘Sound Of 2014’, although they didn’t make it to the final five, the duo caught the attention of music fans everywhere. Their debut album ended up being a huge commercial and critical success, reaching the top spot in the UK album charts and being one of this years Mercury Prize nominees.
- 21% of contributors included the album in their top 10.
- Of those, 33% of them included the album in their top 3.
- 1 contributor ranked the album as their #1.
“If you have ever even glanced at a copy of the NME this year you will be very well aware of this album’s existence. So ubiquitous was the coverage of Royal Blood’s self-titled album and so high was the praise for it, that I was left a little underwhelmed by my initial listen through. But, as the year progressed I was gradually seduced by Mike Kerr et al. The album is a very enjoyable listen with songs such as ‘Little Monster’ and ‘Out of the Black’ standing out to me personally, although the album lacks a little bit of the depth and personal affection afforded by the higher entries of this list.”
– Anonymous, ranked the album #9
“With their self-titled debut record Kerr and Thatcher have given hope to the UK rock scene creating an album full of energy, uniqueness and confidence.”
– Henna Patel, Head of Publicity, ranked the album #4
- 2014 Mercury Music Prize nominee
- Ranked #7 in The Guardian readers’ pick ‘Best albums of 2014’ list.
- Ranked #12 on Kerrang!’s ‘Top 50 Rock Albums Of 2014’ list.
- Ranked #16 in Q’s ‘top 50 Albums Of 2014’ list.