Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence
Released June 13th 2014, Polydor & Interscope Records.
Lana returned in 2014 with her third studio album, Ultraviolence. Although Del Rey dismissed the idea of another album, she started work on Ultraviolence in February 2013. The album received critical acclaim, especially from contemporary music critics who commended its cohesion as a concept album. The record has sold almost two million copies worldwide, and topped the album charts in 13 countries including the UK and the US.
- 10% of contributors included the album in their top 10.
- Of those, 100% of them included the record in their top 3.
“I had this album on loop for the whole of summer and know 99% of the words – such a moody, yet beautiful album.”
– Anonymous, ranked the album #2.
- Ranked #5 in the Popjustice Readers poll for ‘Best album’.
- Ranked #3 in the Slant Magazine ‘The 25 Best Albums of 2014’ list.
- Ranked #6 in Time Magazine’s ‘The 10 Best Albums of 2014’ list
- Ranked #7 in Rolling Stone’s ’50 Best Albums of 2014′ list.