Coffee House Sessions: Lucy Mason (30/09/2013)

0

SUSU have been lucky enough to secure a brand new concept for The Bridge this year in the form of Coffee House Sessions, whereby up and coming acts will be performing at various coffee houses throughout the UK including The Bridge. The second in the string of sessions was the wonderful Lucy Mason; The Edge went along to check it out and have a chat with Lucy about her time playing at the Coffee House Sessions.

Up to two artists per month will perform daytime acoustic performances in coffee houses at two campuses per day during academic term at forty universities. The idea was born out of the shift in drinking culture to ‘pre-drinking’ at home before going out to clubs – which, according to Robinson, has left live music at the door. Upcoming artists Ben Goddard and Lucy Mason will be conducting the first North to South tour circuit, with Al Lewis and Kerri Watt performing on the first South to North circuit. The line-up has been curated by BBC Radio 1’s Huw Stephens.

Lucy Mason is a singer-songwriter born in Australia but now living in London . Her performance at The Bridge truly captured the essence of what the Coffee House Sessions are trying to achieve. Her set was fantastic, especially her brand new single ‘Sirens’ and her stunning cover of ‘High Hopes’ by Kodaline.

For more on Lucy Mason, check out her SoundCloud page. Her new single ‘Sirens’ is available now, and you can purchase her debut EP on iTunes here.

Look out for an interview with Lucy Mason coming soon at The Edge.

Keep up to date on the latest Coffee Shop Sessions news on their Facebook or the official website

Come along to the next session on Monday 14th October.