Yesterday, it was reported that a man attending Glastonbury festival was in a critical condition after a suspected ketamine overdose. It has now been confirmed by police that the 26 year-old has died in hospital.
Originally from Reading, the man’s death was confirmed by Glastonbury police’s Twitter account.
Unfortunately the man taken ill after a suspected reaction to ketamine has died this morning. His family are aware and being supported.
— Glastonbury Police (@Policeatglasto) June 27, 2014
The tragic news of the unnamed man follows the death of a 67 year-old woman at the festival, who was said to have died from natural causes.
Police are now warning those attending the festival to steer clear of drugs. They tweeted: “Ketamine and alcohol dangerously affect your heart and breathing. It can be deadly and you don’t know what or how strong it is.”
Keep reading The Edge for constant updates on Glastonbury 2014.