Here at The Edge, we like to spoil film addicts. Every so often we give you the chance to build up your Blu-ray and DVD collection with some extra special, carefully selected titles. This time round it’s very exciting, as for the first time we’ve teamed up with Arrow Video, the home of amazing cult movies, to offer you the chance to win one of three copies of Roger Corman’s 1960 adaptation of The Fall of the House of Usher on Blu-ray. (Read out review of it here!)
Arrow’s gorgeous new edition comes with reversible cover designs and a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and
an extract from Vincent Price’s out of print autobiography, illustrated with original
archive stills and posters. booklet and a huge raft of extras. Take a look at the details:
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, transferred and restored
using the original film elements by MGM.
– Original uncompressed 2.0 Mono PCM Audio.
– Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
– Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman.
– Legend to Legend: An interview with director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante.
– Interview with author and Gothic horror expert Jonathan Rigby.
– Fragments of the House of Usher: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and
filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman’s film in relation to Poe’s story.
– Archival interview with Vincent Price.
– Original Trailer.
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham
To get your hands on a copy of The Fall of the House of Usher answer the following question:
Which film in this list also brought together Roger Corman and actor Vincent Price?
a) The Masque of the Red Death
b) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Email your answers to email@example.com. Answers must contain your choice of answer to the question, your full name, address and your University of Southampton email address. This competition is only open to students of the University of Southampton and alumni (though alumni are advised that prizes will have to be collected from The University of Southampton).
Terms & Conditions: The competition is only open to students and alumni at/of the University of Southampton. There is no cash alternative. Winners will be chosen at random. This competition IS NOT open to current members of The Edge Committee but IS OPEN to students/alumni who write for the publication and for University of Southampton students/alumni who do not write for the publication. The last day to enter is 31 August 2013.