Monarks – ‘If You Want It Now’

1

Bristol four piece Monarks arrive with their debut track ‘If You Want It Now’ and it’s a polished affair. Sounding very much in the same category as rock bands such as Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon and Twin Atlantic, you only have to see the list of bands that have influenced them on their Facebook page to get a sense of their sound.

The track is a polished and well-produced beginning for the band, but it is nothing ground-breaking. Vocalist Sam Kinsella has a great sound for this genre of music and his parts rarely move out of line throughout the entire track. One downfall is that the track is a touch too long; it would have packed more of a punch in less time. Monarks are playing it safe with ‘If You Want It Now’, but can you really blame them when they’re only just starting out and establishing their sound?

6/10

You can listen to the track on Monarks’ Soundcloud page below:

1 Comment

1. love this track!
    keep up the good work guys!
    having a long track is risky but i still love every second of it, cant wait to hear you guys on the radio miles better then most the crap on there at the moment haha
    peaceee!