Conor Maynard feat. Wiley – ‘Animal’

0

‘Animal’ is the new single from Conor Maynard‘s debut album Contrast. In my opinion it is by far the best track on the whole album. It opens the record with such a bang that it can’t be ignored and it is of no surprise that the 20 year old singer/songwriter has chosen to release it. The lyrics tell a story of a stereotypical ‘maneater’ female as Conor sings ‘you can take my heart like a criminal’ in the general setting of ‘the club’. Nothing ground-breaking or philosophical but nonetheless a bloody good pop song.

The single release includes a rap part from the ‘Godfather of Grime’ himself, Wiley. After listening to it as an album track I didn’t expect it to be enhanced in any way upon it’s release. However, Wiley’s rap brings something fresh to a previously heard single. He opens the single and sets it up for greatness.

I can envisage this being a club favourite. It has an amazing dance vibe that I’m sure will make you dance along. The track was written by Conor himself, which adds an element of pride to the track. For a 20 year old to write such a catchy pop tune shows promise for his future and album number two. From the initial opening beats to the closing ones, this song has you hooked all the way through with an insanely catchy chorus and brilliant verses I’m sure you’ll be hearing a lot more of it.

Read The Edge’s two part interview with Conor Maynard here.

8/10