Nicki Minaj – ‘Pound The Alarm’

0

Minaj has released her fourth track from her latest album in the form of ‘Pound The Alarm’. Initially I was pretty disappointed by Minaj’s new, monstrous, 23 song album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded but ‘Pound The Alarm’ is one of those soon-to-be massive club hits which proves why Minaj has the fame she does. It covers all the conventions of a catchy club tune as well as including her famous rapping style. I can see it being massive in the likes of Ibiza and Magaluf this summer as it has that summer anthem vibe to it.

Obviously the lyrics aren’t anything spectacularly different to the hits reeled out by Guetta and Flo-Rida but I do love how she alludes to her other tracks in the opening rap “Some call me Nicki and some call me Roman”. In my opinion it’s more ‘club-friendly’ than her previous single ‘Beez in the Trap’ which is a track more suited for hard-core Minaj fans instead of appealing to a wider market. ‘Pound the Alarm’ is already hugely popular at her live shows, for example the crowd went wild at Radio1’s Hackney Weekend when she performed.

7/10