The Edge Reacts To… Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser

0

After the first film had us hooked on a feeling and high on believing, it was inevitable that Peter Quill/Starlord (Chris Pratt) and co. would get a sequel in the chain of successes that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. We now have our first sneak peak at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, in which Groot, Rocket, Gamora, Drax and Yondu attempt to help Peter Quill discover the truth about his father, as the menacing Thanos and the enigmatic Nebula wait in the shadows. Below, the Edge writers react to this first teaser.

It’s got the laughs, it’s got the action, and I’m totally ready for another installment of Peter Quill and co. making the galaxy a (slightly) safer, groovier place! I hope that it’ll answer the question that’s been I’ve been wondering about since the start of the last film- who the hell is Peter’s dad?!”- Eleanor Joyce, Writer

“One of the real shining stars in the MCU- have a feeling this film might surpass the first somehow! Hope we get more development of Thanos in this instalment, plus also more interaction between Karen Gillian’s Nebula and Gamora considering their sibling relationship. Early contender for Soundtrack of the Year 2017? Based on the last film I would say so!” – Robert Pratley, News Editor

“I’m hooked on a feeling this film’s gonna be great… Chris Pratt’s on form, I have faith Karen Gillan’s gonna get some character depth, and the soundtracks gonna be just as “awesome” as the first mixtape”– James Barker, Culture Editor

SO MUCH HAPPINESS. GAH!!!!!” – Rehana Nurmahi, Features Editor

“And with one line Dave Bautista steals it… No but in all seriousness I loved this teaser. This is what a teaser needs to be; it re-familiarises us with the characters and their dynamics, the same music, excellent humour and BABY GROOT. Ridiculously excited for this one, in a year where Marvel are unleashing a new Spidey movie and Thor 3, Guardians 2 looks like it could top them all! Side note: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 needs ‘Carry On Wayward Son’ by Kansas. That is all.” David Mitchell-Baker, Writer

“It’s not possible to overstate how excited I am for this film! It’s got everything you could want from epic fight scenes to the moments of hilarity and light-hearted banter that we’ve come to expect (and love) from the Guardians. I can’t wait to see what kind of amazing the soundtrack for this film will include if it’s going to have any hope of topping the last one!”  Holly Hammond, Writer

The Verdict: So overall, a big thumbs up from the Edge. Chris Pratt seems to be back at his best, Cooper, Bautista and Diesel are set to add the real comic edge and Saldana and Rooker will pack the action punch. Not to mention we have another Stan Lee cameo to look forward to!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is released 5th May 2017. Check out the teaser below and see if you agree with our views!

Lover of food, films, Marvel, football, video-games and Literature. Hater of pretty much everything else. Fortunately, we cover 4 of those things. NEWS EDITOR 2016 AND ALL THE SHINY STUFF WITH THAT. BACK AGAIN FOR 2017!

Film and English student. Lover of YA novels, Netflixing, fluffy blankets, all things Musical Theatre and modern Shakespeare adaptations. Life goals include writing a novel and being best friends with Emma Stone. Deputy Editor 2017/18 - or so they tell me.

Editor of The Edge 2017-18. Culture Editor before that. Sporadic writer for the Wessex Scene, DJ on Surge, known photobomber of SUSUtv's videos. Bad habits include Netflix, not doing my work and drinking too much tea.

Third year English student, and long-time lover of film and literature, most especially the antics of Marvel and Disney.

The Edge's Film Editor 2017-2018, David has an unabashed love for all things Dave Grohl, Jack Black and Lord of the Rings. A compulsive liar who shouldn't be trusted, David once beat legendary actor David Hasselhoff in a hot dog eating contest and is best friends with Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo, they speak on the phone three times a week.

Third year History student with a flair for the dramatic, generally found writing articles in search of the interesting. Connoisseur of cats, M&M's and quotations. "When people ask if I went to film school, I tell them 'no, I went to films'" - Quentin Tarantino