Surge Radio are offering students the chance to decide the ‘Freshers Song of 2016’ – and win big prizes while doing so.
The campaign is part of their 2016 Freshers promotion, which will also involve visits to a number of halls in the coming weeks, as well as a loud presence at Wednesday’s Bunfight.
The student-led radio station have selected ten songs which all equally have a chance of being named the ‘Freshers Song of 2016′. The winning song will be unveiled just before Freshers’ Ball, with the voting period lasting between 23rd September – 7th October. The list of songs are as follows:
- Bastille – Good Grief (Don Diablo Remix)
- The Chainsmokers – Closer (ft. Halsey)
- Calvin Harris – My Way
- Major Lazer – Cold Water (ft. Justin Bieber & MØ)
- DJ Snake – Let Me Love You (ft. Justin Bieber)
- Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners – This Girl
- Craig David & Sigala – Ain’t Giving Up
- Kideko & George Kwali – Crank It
- Matoma & Becky Hill – False Alarm
- Dua Lipa – Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
By voting, students will be entered into a massive prize draw with prizes ranging from Jimmy’s Iced Coffee vouchers, £50 Amazon giftcards, massive student bundles from Southampton’s biggest and best nightclubs and much more. To vote, head online to surgeradio.co.uk/vote.
You can listen to Surge Radio anytime via their website or the TuneIn app. Listen to Bastille’s entry on the list below: