The X Factor star Lucy Spraggan has unveiled her new single ‘Unsinkable’. The track is released on 29th March via her own CTRL Records label and precedes upcoming album We Are, which follows on 13th April.
‘Unsinkable’ was co-written with Adam Argyle and Martin Brammer who have written with both James Morrison and Olly Murs. It was produced by Steve Power who also works with the likes of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow.
We Are is Spraggan’s third album and the follow-up to 2013’s Join The Club, which was released after her stint on The X Factor the previous year.
Spraggan said of the 12-track collection: “I’m very much looking forward to releasing We Are under my own steam. The album is basically a diary of the ups and downs of the last few years: appearing on The X Factor, moving to London, working hard and changing as a person.”
Spraggan takes the album on the road this spring, playing the following May tour dates:
- Friday 1 – Belfast Limelight 2
- Saturday 2 – Galway, Roisin Dubh
- Sunday 3 – Dublin, Whelan’s
- Thursday 7 – Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms
- Friday 8 – Glasgow, Garage
- Saturday 9 – Newcastle, Riverside
- Monday 11 – Norwich, Waterfront
- Tuesday 12 – Leeds, Beckett Uni
- Thursday 14 – Manchester, Academy 2
- Friday 15 – Liverpool, East Village Arts Club
- Saturday 16 – Birmingham, Library
- Sunday 17 – Bristol, Motion
- Tuesday 19 – Cardiff, Globe
- Wednesday 20 – Exeter, Lemongrove
- Thursday 21 – Southampton, Engine Rooms
- Friday 22 – London, Heaven
- Saturday 23 – Sheffield, Leadmill
‘Unsinkable’ will be availbale for purchase on 29th March.