Bestival announce theme for 2015

0

The team at Bestival have announced their theme for this year’s festival as ‘Bestival’s Summer of Love’. As with every good theme, there comes an equally excited prologue to get you excited about the festival:

“Hear this as the first of the whispers… the festival returns to its roots. A salute to the original muses: Music, Freedom, Peace, Love and Euphoria. In the year 2015, Bestival acknowledges its ancestry with the theme, ‘Bestival’s Summer of Love’.

“At the zenith of the season, Bestival invites you to join the great revival, lose your inhibitions and join our gathering of the peoples. Reject the hum-drum, the material and the system! Come to the island, and for a weekend, take heart in the art, the ideals and the madness.

“Turn on, tune in, peace out.”

Festival curator and all-round brains behind the Bestival empire, Rob da Bank, had this to say about this year’s theme: “Our theme for 2015 is the Summer of Love… it’s a simple theme and hopefully one that’s easy to embrace. It’s largely a positive reaction to all the bad news and downright evil going on in the world. We’re not hiding our heads in the sand and pretending everything’s rosy and laid-back but we can, as a big family of 50,000 people, come together, listen to music, party and spread love, even if it’s just for the weekend. That has always been at the heart of Bestival and its year-round community. Hate out, love in!

Processed with VSCOcam with p5 presetThe unadulterated disco vibes of last year’s spectacular Bestival made for a fantastic event and this year is seems to be a return to what is always at the heart of Bestival: the love of the music. From the 10th-13th September, 50,000 festival goers will head to Robin Hill for more Bestival adventures on the Isle of Wight.

We’re not just talking about bell-bottomed hippies with flowers in their hair, or red-jeaned ravers circumnavigating the M25. It’s about all people, all sexes, all ages, all cultures coming together to share the good times, to celebrate the simple joy of unity, to feel the unparalleled pleasures of dancing shoulder to shoulder with wonderful strangers and loving every second.

Tickets on sale Thursday 12th February 10:00AM 

www.Bestival.net / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply