Lou Reed dies, aged 71

0

Lou Reed, the influential rock legend and founding member of The Velvet Underground, has died aged 71, according to Rolling Stone Magazine. The musician’s representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.

The cause of his death has not yet been released but it comes just months after his wife Laurie Anderson said that he was recently forced to undergo a lifesaving liver transplant after years of drugs and alcohol took their toll on him.

Tributes to the influential musician have been flooding in via Twitter, for example:

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 18.50.54
Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 18.49.52

Lou Reed’s death is yet to be confirmed, we will update this post as soon as further news is revealed.

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply