My Chemical Romance Announce Split

0

It seems to be the week for bands calling it a day. First Girls Aloud now My Chemical Romance have decided to announce that they are breaking up. After 12 years of being together and with 4 studio albums under their belt the New Jersey 4 piece have released a statement declaring their decision. Frontman Gerard Way tweeted: ‘Beyond any sadness, what I feel most is pride.’ in reference to the split.

The band’s latest release was the Conventional Weapons project. The project included 10 unreleased songs that were recorded in 2009, prior to the making of Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. The band released two songs each month for five months from the Conventional Weapons sessions, starting in October 2012 and finishing in February 2013.

The band are most well known for their number one single ‘Welcome To The Black Parade’ from the brilliant concept album The Black Parade released in 2006. More recently their single ‘Sing’ received some attention through it’s cover by the hit American TV series Glee. You can reminisce the band’s incredible career by listening to the most apt single for the fans right now : ‘I’m Not Okay’ (You can watch the video below).

The full statement from the band said:

“Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We’ve gotten to go places we never knew we would. We’ve been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We’ve shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure.”