Preview: Boardmasters (05/08/2015 – 09/08/2015)

0

In the heart of Cornwall’s surfing hotspot, Boardmasters returns for it’s 10th year. Newquay’s Watergate Bay and Fistral Beach will play host of the annual surfing and music festival, starting on 5th August and running until 9th August. The small festival has grown each year with headliners such as Dizzie Rascal and Ed Sheeran taking to the stage in recent years.

This year sees a legendary line up of talent, from household names to breakthrough artists, Boardmasters has it all. Across the five stages there is three full days of live music for festival-goers to enjoy. With Boardmasters, it’s not all about the music, the festival is known for its extreme sports roots with surfing, skating and BMXing on the cards – be sure to head down to Fistral Beach to take part, or simply spectate with a cocktail from the beach bar.

Friday sees Faithless taking the top spot as they will be headlining the Main Stage. Joining them on the first full day of the festival will be welsh rockers, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Nick Mulvey and to fuel your Game Of Thrones obsession, Raleigh Ritchie (also known as his real name Jacob Anderson, or more commonly known as, Grey Worm in the hit TV show) will be there to showcase his other talents. Also performing on the Friday of the festival will be Libertine’s legend Carl Barat and the Jackals, the filthy hooligans Fat White Family and breakthrough bands such as Circa Waves and TOY – be sure the check them out, they’ll be headlining before you know it.

Kicking off the weekend there is a whole host of great acts for your eyes and ears on the Saturday of the festival. Headlining the Main Stage are Rudimental, here to bring you chart bangers such as ‘Waiting All Night’ and ‘Feel The Love’, we wonder if they’ll bring along some of their famous friends. Festival veterans De La Soul will also be performing along with Duke Dumont, Everything Everything and Seasick Steve taking to the stage. And if that isn’t enough to whet your appetite, the hottest names on the scene will be joining them in the form of MNEK, Drenge, Rae Morris, Prides and Rhodes. Now that is a super Saturday line up.

To finish your time at Boardmasters, Sunday’s line up will help you go out with a bang. Headlining the Main Stage are Bastille, after jetsetting around the globe with debut album Bad Blood they’ll be returning to play hits such as ‘Pompeii’ for the crowds in Newquay. Joining them are Arrested Development, ‘Rather Be’ superstars, Clean Bandit and rock gods The Darkness. It doesn’t stop there, dance legends Groove Armada will also be performing as well as Skream and Sunset Sons.

If I haven’t managed to convince you to get yourself down to Boardmasters this Summer, then head to their website for more details and information about tickets: http://boardmasters.co.uk