Preview: Relentless Boardmasters 2012

0

For those of you looking to escape to the beach this summer, look no further! Located on the wonderful Cornwall coast in Newquay, Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters is set to be an amazing weekend for all those attending. With the line-up getting bigger and better each year, it’s soon becoming one of must-go-to festivals of the summer. The array of music across a massive seven stages, from acoustic to punk-rock are sure to entertain. As well as this there are tonnes of extreme sports on offer to watch and take part in such as surfing, skating and BMXing. Relentless Boardmasters has it all!

Headliners for this year on the main stage are two of the UK’s finest artists, Ed Sheeran and Dizzee Rascal. After appearing at the likes of Radio1’s Hackney Weekend, it will be awesome to see such global stars grace the coast of Cornwall. Ed Sheeran has shot to fame over the past year, with the release of his debut album + becoming one of the hottest new artists on the scene and stealing many girls’ hearts along the way. Dizzee Rascal is back after a few years out of the spotlight, his incredible festival set is not one to be missed, make sure you head to the main stage to party with him. Also on the main stage will be The Ting Tings, Donovan Frankenreiter and Maverick Sabre.  After a long absense, I’m very excited to say that Maximo Park are back and playing on the main stage as well. With the release of their new album, The National HealthI’m sure they will be well received by the crowd and you definitely don’t want to miss them. The line up at the Unleashed Arena is equally as impressive with headline sets from DJ Fresh and legendary Radio1 DJ, Zane Lowe. Some personal recommendations for this stage would be Clement Marfo and The Frontline and Krafty Kuts. If you’re into your DJ sets the Unleashed Arena is the place to be.

Also on the Relentless Boardmasters line up is a fantastic array of bands and artists on the Vans Off The Wall Music Stage. Pulled Apart by Horses and Set Your Goals will be headlining this stage across the two days. Alongside them will be the likes of While She Sleeps and Turbowolf. Those of you craving those ‘dirty’ beats can head over to The Point for sets from Mistajam and Rudimental amongst many others. Headlining the Energy Sessions stage are The Japanese Popstars and Young Guns. Also look out for Random Impulse and Bwani Junction. As you are on the wonderful coast in the south west of England, you may as well enjoy the beach whilst you’re here. Better still, there is some music to accompany your frolicking in the sand in the form of  Beach Sessions where the legendary Reel Big Fish will be playing. These will be taking place on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. The other artists performing are Xavier Rudd and The Black Seeds.

Check out the full line up and get more information on the Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters website.