Dolly Parton and Blondie to perform at Glastonbury 2014

0

Dolly Parton and Blondie will perform headline sets at this year’s Glastonbury Festival.

Glastonbury co-organiser Emily Eavis has confirmed that country star Dolly Parton will be performing at this year’s festival. Speaking to BBC 6 music at Wednesday night’s NME awards, Eavis said that that singer had confirmed the “amazing news” earlier that day. She continued by saying:

“It’s something we’ve been wanting to happen for a long time, and she finally said yes,”

The country superstar will already be in the UK over the Glastonbury weekend for her Blue Smoke world tour, playing London’s O2 Arena on 27th June. Parton told her three million followers of the news on Twitter saying:

“I’m incredibly excited to FINALLY announce that the #BlueSmokeWorldTour is coming to @GlastoFest on June 29th! 😉 Stay tuned for more info…”

Also at the NME Awards on Wednesday night, Debbie Harry confirmed that Blondie had been booked for Glastonbury. “We just heard today – we’re going to be doing Glastonbury!” Harry told Bang Showbiz. The band, who picked up the Godlike Genius award on the night previously performed at the festival in 1999.

The line-up so far is consisting of Arcade Fire, Lily Allen, Warpaint, and Suzanne Vega who have all confirmed they will be performing at the three day event that will take place in Somerset between June 25th and June 29th.