Jack Johnson to headline brand new North Devon festival

0

It has been announced that Jack Johnson will make his only UK festival appearance this summer at the brand new Somersault festival in North Devon. It will be held on July 17th-21st. The musician, surfer and campaigner will appear alongside Devon born musician Ben Howard, who will be returning to his South West roots, at Castle Hill Estate in Filleigh this summer. More acts are due to be announced with music, adventure and outdoor living being the focus on the festival.

Jack Johnson will be headlining the Saturday and said:
“I love the UK. I love surfing. So playing a show in the South West is the perfect situation. Somersault sounds like the perfect festival.” 

Upon being asked about Ben Howard joining him at the festival Johnson added: “I love Ben Howard’s music. We have done one show together in the past at the Eden Project. But I’m hoping we can start doing more shows together. I have been listening to his album a lot lately.”

Tim Harvey and John Empson, Somersault festival organisers, said:
“We wanted to offer a completely new kind of summer festival experience – a five day summer camp that allows people to break out into the surrounding landscape and no longer be hemmed in to one event site. It’s been a painstaking planning process but we are delighted to announce two world-class headliners in our inaugural year both of whom supported the concept right from the start. There’s an amazing line-up of support artists still to announce and we can’t wait to see the theatre, food and arts programme unfold over the next few monthsWe hope this will prove a landmark new show for the region that adds something special to the amazing range of activities already taking place across Cornwall and Devon each summer.”

Somersault Festival’s nominated charity is Surfers Against Sewage. Limited super early bird tickets cost £39.50 for a day or £99.50 for a weekend.

For full ticket details and more info visit www.somersaultfestival.com.

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply