Bastille – ‘Flaws’

0

Bastille have decided to release ‘Flaws’ as their next single. It has been a live favourite since they started touring and will be greatly received by fans. Hearing it live, you would expect it to already be a single with the fantastic crowd reaction every time it is played. The video was released in early September and it continues on from the video for ‘Bad Blood’ with frontman Dan Smith waking up on a beach in New York. The video carries on with the thought provoking interpretation that came with ‘Bad Blood’ as fans try to decipher what it’s meaning and plot has to say.

The single was Greg James’ Big Thing in September and I can see why, it’s an instant hit. Bastille fans are eagerly awaiting the debut album which will be released in March 2013. Could they also be on the Sound of 2013 list? We will have to wait and see.

You can buy the ‘Flaws EP’ here with exclusive new track ‘Durban Skies’.

8/10

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply