The Vaccines – ‘No Hope’

0

The Vaccines are back with a taster of what to expect from their new album The Vaccines Come of Age (expected release date 3rd September). The famous tones of front man Justin Young make this instantly recognisable as a track from The Vaccines. His confident articulation in the song emphasises his now famous reputation as a crowd-pleasing front man. However there is something different to the new track. I can’t quite put my finger on it but you can definitely tell it is a new track and not from their amazing debut What Did You Expect From The Vaccines.

It’s catchy and infectious; I promise after a few listens you’ll be humming it around the house without realising. The lyrics are, in their typical style, easy to relate to and easy to understand. No ambiguity, just hard-hitting words. ‘No Hope’ really sets the barrier high for what to expect (pun intended) from their long-awaited ‘tough’ second album. However it’s not as if The Vaccines have had time off. They are known for being a non-stop touring machine! (look out for them at many a festival this summer). Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that the rest of the album can live up to the success of the first album and the promising nature of ‘No Hope’.

8/10

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply