Bastille announce All This Bad Blood release

0

Bastille release their new single ‘Of The Night’ on November 25th. It’s a mash up of Snap!’s 90’s hit ‘Rhythm is a Dancer’ and Corona’s ‘The Rhythm of the Night’ which first featured on the band’s February 2012 mix tape Other People’s Heartache. ‘Of The Night’ has since become a live fan favourite with this years festival crowds declaring it one of the stand out tracks of the summer. The dark new video was shot in LA with director Dave Ma (Foals, Ghostpoet, Delphic) and stars veteran actor and fan of the band James Russo (Django Unchained, Donnie Brasco, Once Upon A Time in America).

Lead singer Dan Smith says of the single, “For the mix tapes we covered songs that we remember fondly and re-interpreted them from memory into something we’d want to hear now. I don’t think there’s any point in doing a cover unless you do something interesting with it, change it loads and put your own stamp on it. We had so much fun making those mix tape tracks – doing songs that no one would expect to hear from us and messing around with production. I hope that comes across.”

‘Of The Night’ features on the album All This Bad Blood, a 2 x cd set which includes the band’s platinum selling No. 1 album Bad Blood alongside a second disc which is divided into two parts. The first half; All This Bad Blood contains tracks old and new which the band recorded over the last few years. The second; Other People’s Heartache presents choice selects from the bands two mix tapes – Other Peoples Heartache Parts 1 and 2, incorporating two completely new tracks recorded in the last few weeks.

Dan says, “All This Bad Blood feels like a complete representation of what we have done so far and what we’d like to do in the future. The first part allows us to properly release the tracks that we love and play live all the time but couldn’t fit on our proper debut. The second part is a mini version of one of our mix tapes which weaves in a couple of new songs that show the extremes of where we’re heading on our next album; one guitar-driven and the other way more electronic.”

Last month Bastille’s debut album Bad Blood smashed into the U.S Billboard charts at No.11 to become the No.1 debut British album in the U.S in 2013 so far. It was an incredible feat for a band that had only briefly visited the U.S for a few small shows. The band played their first ever North American tour last month, 11 sold out nights at 1000 – 2000 capacity venues. They continue to play sold out shows across the world and in January will visit South Africa for the first time where they will play 3 sold out shows to an audience of 20,000 people.

All This Bad Blood is out on 25th November.

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply