Preview: Reading Festival 2013 – Saturday

0

Day two of Reading Festival 2013 is just as promising as the first. Hopefully you’ll be on the ultimate high after witnessing Green Day perform the night before, so to ease you back into the festival spirit and the aid that pounding hangover headache the Main Stage will bring you Mallory Knox. So, when I said ‘ease’ I guess I was lying but I’m sure Mickey Chapman’s lovely vocals will be the best way propel you into your day. 

Also on the Main Stage will be Lower Than Atlantis and welsh rockers Sean Smith and co. of The Blackout. After this, Earlwolf will be gracing the Reading Main Stage. OFWGKTA killed it last year, so Tyler and Earl will be returning for a show that (rumour has it) might be a sign of a new collaborative album. Twin Atlantic, White Lies, Foals and Chase and Status will all be performing to warm the crowd up for the massive Saturday headliner that is Eminem. After remaining pretty much off the radar for the last couple of years, Marshall Mathers is set to stun the Reading crowd with an array of hits from his back catalogue.

Over on the NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage Alt-J will be claiming the top spot as they show off their fantastic, Mercury Prize winning debut album An Awesome Wave. I’m personally not the biggest fan of Jake Bugg, but if that’s your cup of tea, head to the NME/BBc Radio 1 Stage where he will be performing just before Alt-J. The Smiths’ legend Johnny Marr, Tame Impala and Imagine Dragons are all included on the stunning NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage line up. Along with the fantastic Darwin Deez, be sure to catch them perform their newest record Songs For Imaginative People.

The Radio 1 Dance Stage will be showcasing some of the biggest names in dance music. For example Magnetic Man, A-Trax, Flux Pavilion and Redlight to name a few. Over on the Lock Up/Rock Stage will be Tomahawk, Sick Of It All and US hardcore-punk legends The Bronx. Across these two stages alone you will have plenty to do.

The Fesitval Republic stage is jam packed with the hottest new talent and topped off with British Sea Power. To start the day Sons & Lovers will be performing. After touring with Ellie Goulding earlier this year they’re set for great things. If there is one band on the Festival Republic Stage on Saturday that you simply must see it would have to be the fabulous To Kill A King. After releasing debut album Cannibals With Cutlery earlier this year, I can guarantee a fantastic performance. Also on the line up will be Lucy Rose, Drenge, Swim Deep and after seeing them at Glastonbury 2013, you can’t miss The 1975. The BBC 1xtra Stage will be headlined by Devlin. Also performing will be Broke’n’£nglish, Lunar C, MC Righteous and DJ Semtex to name a few on the explosive line-up.

Take a look at The Edge’s review of Friday at Reading Festival 2013. Be sure to check out the official Reading Festival 2013 website for the full line up and any other information.